Thursday, September 16, 2010

God's Garden

God's Garden

The Lord God planted a garden
In the first white days of the world,
And he set there an angel warden
In a garment of light unfurled.

So near to the peace of Heaven,
That the hawk might nest with the wren,
For there in the cool of the even
God walked with first of men.

And I dream that these garden-closes
With their shade and their sun-flecked sod
And their lilies and bowers of roses,
Were laid by the hand of God.

The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth,--
One is nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth.

For He broke it for us in a garden
Under the olive-trees
Where the angel of strength was the warden
And the soul of the world found ease.
Dorothy Frances Gurney  1858-1932

I was blessed to spend a few days in Savannah, Georgia visiting my daughter, Shelly and her boyfriend, Jeremy.  Kacie, Luke, and Isabel went also with me and we had such a fun and joyous time.  Shelly is such a GIVER!  When we arrived she had her artist touch everywhere in her home!  She was waiting with open arms and shared her home so graciously.  Right up the street from her home,  I spotted this beautiful garden and it became a place I walked to each morning just to look!  I am hoping to recreate something similar in my own garden.  Right now, my garden is still looking like a wilderness!  I found this poem today and the following verse and wanted to share  them with you~ "He will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the Lord;  Joy and gladness will be found in it.  Thanksgiving and the voice of melody."  Isaiah 51:3  To me, this says.....when our lives are like a wilderness, that is when God is able to create a garden like Eden, providing beauty and everything we need, He will provide for us and take care of us in a magnificent way! We will find joy and gladness!  I hope that your life is full of joy and gladness but if you are waiting for the garden to grow, be patient......look to Him each day in the morning in the garden!  He has something beautiful, noble, and grand waiting for you~

No comments:

Post a Comment