Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Inspirations


Who or what inspires you on a daily basis?  Is it your family, your job, your friends, your fitness routine, traveling, or your love for the Lord?  Scripture encourages us in Jude verse 21 to "Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life."  It is certain, that our lives truly are short on this earth when we stop and think about eternity.  We are truly blessed in our nation with freedoms and choices that other countries do not possess.  One of our freedoms used to be called "the American dream", buying a home and then furnishing it over a lifetime.  Today, more than anytime in the past few years, people are spending more and more time at home.  Our homes are arranged for comfort, for rest,  for workspace, and for entertaining after we finish our work.  In a nation, where many people are striving to make ends meet because of job loss or cutbacks, it is important to find something we can do that brings us happiness apart from just making and spending money.  Those things are short-lived.  Our life doesn't consist of just work, although that is an important facet of who we are as a nation and as a people.  I have had jobs outside of my home.  I taught school, I worked for a non-profit cancer foundation, I worked as a coordinator for a large school district assisting in training volunteers to work with children who were behind their peers in reading skills.  All of those were important jobs for me personally, but my greatest rewards have come from helping and serving others in whatever the need might be, especially in my own home.  Development of what one is called to do in life can be attained through many avenues.  Some of those might be actual educational pursuits, such as a teacher or a business professional but other skills are learned in the daily living of life.  Regardless, the feeling of a familiar and comforting home at the end of the day is emotionally fulfilling.  Coming  home after a long day is wonderful!  My husband has long been the provider in our home and he has shared with me many patient moments as I have sought to find what I really want to do!!!  So.....with that said, I am enjoying the decorating skills that I've developed over the years.  We are now offering these beautiful French Trumeau mirrors that my husband is making, finding old mirrors and then fashioning them into ones similar to the ones found in antique shops for $2000 or more.  His re-created ones are much less expensive, but just as beautiful.  They are going out of his shop as soon as he makes them! This started as a hobby for him and he enjoys creating them in the evening after his regular "job"!!!!  I am also offering pillows to add a change for any room.  A blend of quiet hues and a mix of shapes and textures create a comfortable and stylish touch to any sofa or bed!  Enjoy your home and be wise with your time and your talents. Learn something new........it can be lots of FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment