Friday, March 12, 2010

Blessings From Above

Psalm 143:8 "Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, For in You do I trust:  Cause me to know the way in which I should walk.  For I lift up my soul to You." 

Psalm 145:1-2 "I will extol You, my God, O King:  And I will bless Your name forever and ever.  Every day I will bless You and I will praise Your name forever and ever."

Psalm 51:15 "O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare Your praise."

To bless, to thank, to praise, to kneel down in reverence to our Lord is such a privilege for a Believer.  It takes time outside of our normal routine to stop and focus on the One who causes the day to dawn and the morning to break in freshness and newness.  Every morning the sky brightens with hope for a day that we can break forth in praise to our Creator!  In the Old Testament, time and time again we are told of one who got down on his or her knees when preparing to pray or recieve words of blessing, whether to God in Heaven, or to the king on his throne.  From God's side, He is the Blesser, the One who gives the capactity for living a full, rich life.  In the garden of Eden, the first action of God the Creator to the newly created man and woman was to bless them.  Genesis 1:28.  In the beginning of your day, my hope for you is that You find the joy of knowing that God desires to bless, guide, and always love you!  When you spend time with the One who loves you unconditionally and desires to bless you in unexpected ways, you are filled to go out and be a blessing to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment