Monday, January 25, 2010
PRAYER....."Prayer comes spontaneously from those who abide in Jesus. Prayer is the natural outgushing of a soul in communion with Jesus. As the leaf and fruit come out of the vine branch without any conscious effort and simply because of its living union with the stem, so prayer buds and blossoms and fruits out of souls abiding in Jesus. As stars shine, so do abiders pray."
Prayer is trusting God will answer according to His perfect will. There will be times when you receive an answer right away but often we wait for God to answer. The Bible often speaks of "waiting" for God: "We wait in hope for the Lord; He is our help and shield."
1. Wait through earnest specific prayer.
2. Listen for His Voice - Pray you will hear that still small Voice.
3. Develop a love for God's Word.
4. Ask the Lord to be steadfast.
5. Read His Word, meditate upon it.
6. Memorize His Word.
7. Words of the Bible are Living.
8. Obey God's Word.
9. Overcome fear and trust in Him. Expect intense struggle as you seek to obey.
10. When you know you are in God's will leave the results to Him. Give Him Glory and Honor!
11. When you wait, wait expectantly, ultimately it will be good.
May peace be with you~