Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Thoughts on Mothering.......
1. Pray daily as a woman, wife, and mother for my heart to be clean before God. Psalm 51:10 Be in His Word!
2. Pray and ask God to place women in my life who love Jesus and are mothering God's ways and listen to them and their their wisdom about children and the home.
3. Pray daily and often throughout the day for each child by name, by temperament, personality, and needs. Spiritual and physical.
4. Teach them accountability to God, to themselves, and to others. Help them see their body as a temple.
5. Give them the perfume of love and acceptance as each longs for this from parents. Give them my blessing daily.
6. Give them approval when they seek it earnestly and allow them to be who God created them to be with their talents, gifts, and intelligence. Laughter is so important if one is prone to be funny, embrace this gift!
7. Listen. Listen to their voice. Let them share their heart without judging.
8. Love them unconditionally, especially in their failures.
9. Assist them with their dreams and plans. This would include protecting them from the wrong friendships and dating too soon. Delicate territory :)
10. Pray for them to sense God's supernatural presence in their life. Share the Gospel early and often! This would include not missing church except in emergency situations. :)
11. Invite people into you home who have the touch of Jesus in their heart and on their face!!!
Motherhood is about giving and preparation in bearing and raising children is such an amazing privilege!